Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Total Beauty Collection Sampler box review

A while ago I stumbled onto this great deal from Total Beauty. They offered 2 beauty sampler boxes for $20 shipped. Each box has a value of over $35. The shipping was very quick and within a couple of days after I ordered the boxes, they arrived at my home in 2 sturdy cardboard boxes.


I was really excited, because Total Beauty revealed on their website already what was in these boxes and I knew there are a few items I really wanted.
This was one of the boxes. It came with a little card, that listed all the products and their retail values. As you can see some of the products were full size while others where deluxe or just sample size. 


The first item I looked at was the Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub by St. Ive's. I think pretty much everyone knows this scrub and is using it or has used it in the past. You can get this at every drug store, supermarket and other retailer for around $4. This was a full size product and while I have other more high end facial scrubs, this one will for sure end up in my shower. 



Next I got this little sample packet of Juara Candlenut Butter. The full size retails for around $35 and this little pack has a value of around 80 cents. I haven't heard of this brand before and I have not tried it yet. But this little pouch should be enough for 1-2 applications and it will come in handy on my trip next weekend.

Also in the Total Beauty sampler box was this little bottle of Semi di Lino Cristalli Liquidi hair serum by Alfaparf. I never heard of it, but it's been around since 1989 and been sold in over 80 countries. Sounds promising. I must say, I am not a fan of the scent. It reminds me of shaving cream for men. My first thought was, this is what my uncle puts in his hair, it just smells like him. Funny, the things you remember when you smells things. Anyhow, I tried it and it left my hair nice, silky and glossy, but I just cannot deal with the scent (I'm a very scent oriented person). I will give it another try, because it does make my hair nice and shiny without looking oily or weighing it down.
Next in the box was a full size tube of NYX color lip balm. I love NYX products. They are all cruelty free (they don't use any animal testing) and very affordable, yet they are of great quality. This lip balm has a very pink tint to it and it does adds colors to your lips (forgive me, I accidentally deleted the pictures of the swatch. Boo to me). If you are like me and just smear lip balm on your lips like Pollock did paint on the canvas this lip balm might not be the right one for you, because you might turn into a Pollock painting yourself. You should use it like lips gloss or lipstick. I think I will layer it with some gloss, because the pink was a tad to bright for me. I think the retail value is around $3.

Another lip balm, this time a plain one by Neutogena naturals. I really like this one, it moisturizes my lips, has vitamin E and is without petrochemicals and other nasties. I just wish it came with SPF, otherwise it is perfect. One can never have enough lip balms. Or is it just me? Seems like every purse I own has a lip balm in it, yet when I need one I can never find one and have to go to the store to buy yet another one. The retail value on this one is $3.50

Another product by NYX. This is a roll on eye shimmer. In the color sea foam. I have not tried it out yet. But I heard good things about it and will try it out soon. It runs around $4. 
Also in this box were two little tubs of mineral blush by a company called Ferro. While I was not a big fan of the packaging, it just came in those little jars without any of those little mesh lids. This will make using them a bit more complicated, but I will figure something out. What I do like is that they are 100% natural minerals, vegan and cruelty free. I love natural products, so I'm excited to try them out.

This is the products I was most excited about getting. I already received these travel size bottles of shampoo and conditioner by EvolveH and fell in love with them. They smell divine (I wish they would make body lotion, perfume etc with the same scent). Best of all they are sulfate and paraben free, vegan and use just natural ingredients. This shampoo and conditioner is great for any hair type. I wish I could just pay $25 for a 8.5 oz bottle of this shampoo and conditioner. But for now I have enough and these two products are worth more ($14) than I paid for the whole box, so it was definitely a great deal. You can find more info on these products here link.

All in all I must say this was a fantastic box, especially for the price of just $10. It far exceeds my expectations and I will look out for new boxes from them in the future. This deal is still available at link.


Disclaimer. I did not receive any payment or compensation for the reviews of these products or the seller. I did pay for this beauty box myself without any discounts or donations. I have no affiliations or partnerships with any brands named in the review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment