Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hautelook Nordstrom Beauty Bag review

HauteLook is a daily deal site. They offer anything from fashion for women, men and kids to home decor and beauty products. I love them, because you can get some really good deals on fantastic designer fashion, accessories etc. If you don't want to pay full price, I suggest you join them.
You can do it right here through my link. Like many other sites, you can invite friends to join too and when they order you will receive some credit (in this case $20). But now to the review.

The HauteLook beautybag was by Nordstrom and sold out in less than 1 hour. This was a highly anticipated item and was advertised all over the internet. I was lucky that I got one, and I must say I am super happy. The bag cost $25 plus shipping (I think it was $33 total) and had a value of around $189 in beauty products.
It was a lot in it. But look for yourself.
It was a nice cosmetic bag (see 1st pic) full of high end products. I was so excited when I opened the bag, although I already knew what was in there. So many fantastic products. Anything from skin care, body products, lip glosses and nail polish and everything in between. But look for yourself.

On the left is a body butter by Wish on pomegranate. It smells so good and makes my skin nice and silky smooth. On the right is a facial mask by Fresh made with roses. There are even little rose petal pieces in there. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will for sure. I love facial masks.
Ooooh, this body wash by Molton Brown smells so good. Spicy, peppery, sweet. I don't know how else to describe it. It smells different and I like it. The only thing I am not a fan of, and that is just me, it uses SLS and I avoid this as good as I can. Read more here if you are interested to hear why I try to avoid SLS (sodium laureth sulfate). Anyhow. On the right is a face scrub by Mario Badescu. I haven't tried this one, but will soon. Heard good things from this brand.



Also in the bag was this moisturizer by Lancome with SPF 15. Living in Arizona, sunscreen is very important for me, so this will come in handy once I use up my old one.


On the left is a small lip gloss sample from Lorac. It is a nice shimmery peach color. Next time I really need to swatch them for you, so I can show you the colors. I forgot. Remind me next time. On the right is a tiny, but usable sample lip gloss from Jouer. It's pink, a bright, but nice pink. I just already have dozens of pink lip gloss, so this one will go to my sister in law. 
Next we have a sample size mascara from Estee Lauder. Can't wait to try this one, but I have to wait. I already have 3 mascara tubes I am using right now, so I don't want to open up another one.




  

From left to right
Sample size of the famous Smashbox primer. I like this primer and I will get a few uses out of it, so I'm happy. Next is a facial wash I assume, and on you right is a cute little bottle of a matte coral colored nail polish by Ciate. 
                                                                               

This moisturizer by Clinique will come in handy in the winter and I am looking forward to using it.

Rosabotanica by Balenciaga. This is a very pricey perfume and the sample is a great size and will last a long time. Isn't the bottle just adorable? The scent needs to grow on me a little. It is flowery, sweet with a hint of roses. Not quite my taste, but ok.
The next one I like a lot more. It's a perfume by Bottega Veneta. It smells cleaner and not quite as flowery.  




Phew, are you tired already? There are just 2 more items left, but I promise to be short.
Next is what I believe an almost full size Stile lip gloss in a beautiful coral. Love it. I love lip gloss.  
Last items is a 5 in 1 styling treatment from Living proof. I haven't tried this one either, but it suppose to give  your hair more shine, volume and body and makes it smooth. Sounds good and I hope it will work on my hair.
This was the bag. It was really a fantastic deal and I'm happy I was able to get one. I will pretty much use every single item. 





No comments:

Post a Comment