Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ipsy bag August 2014

It's a beautiful day for mail today. I received two boxes today and I am as happy as a clam. (Are clams really that happy? I never saw one smile) Back to my mail again. As I said, I got two boxes today and I'm starting with my Ipsy bag.
Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service, that sends out deluxe sample size and full size items in a little Glam bag. You'll get anything from hair or skin care, to make up or nail products. Everyone gets a different bag, well the products in the bagare different based on your profile you fill out upon signing up with Ipsy. Their monthly subscription cost only $10 and includes shipping. If it sounds like something you want to try out (you can always cancel, without any problem) go here to sign up.
But now to my bag. This months theme was Beauty Schooled. So I guess this month's products have something to do with school. Hmm.
I actually saw my glam room (it's where you can see the products you'll be getting, before the bag ships) before the official opening and I liked my bag. Could it have been better? Yes. But all in all I'm happy.


The bag this month looks like a pencil case. White with cute orange polka dots. 


This month we got 5 products. Most are deluxe sample size, but it's not bad. This month I will actually use every single product I've received. 



First I got this Flying Solo Eye shadow by J. Cat Beauty in the color Half Naked. I assume it's a full size product, it retails for $2.99. It is a really nice nude color. Slightly shimmery. One can never have too many nude eye shadows and I really like it. 


This one I was really happy about getting. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer. This is a deluxe sample, but I will get a few uses out of this one. I was really looking forward to. I have huge pores and so far I haven't really be happy with any primer. I heard good things about this one, so I hope it will work for me. 


The new Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. Deluxe sample. I just got this a few weeks ago sent from Urban Decay. Since I have two now, one will go to my sister in law, who will hopefully like it. I keep getting so many mascara lately, that I don't have to buy any for a while. Not that I'm complaining. One can never have too many mascaras. Hope it's a good one. I haven't opened it yet, since I didn't wanted to break the seal on it (they do expire) and I have others I need to use up before. But yay.


Klorane Dry Shampoo with oat milk. I'm really happy that I got this one, I like to use dry shampoo once in a while when I'm too lazy to wash my hair (hey, it happens. I have a child, so my hair isn't that important anymore) or when I need a quick degreaser/ fresh me up. I usually wash my hair every other day or every 3 days (because too much washing strips your hair from natural oil, plus washes out my hair color...), so for the days in between I like to use dry shampoo. It's a really great product. When I was a teenager I used to snag my mom's dry shampoo to use it on myself and loved it. A few sprays on the roots and then brush it out after drying (takes a few seconds) and you're good to go. Great for trips too.


I love lip balms. I'm a lip balm addict. What can I say. I have a gazillion of them, but when I need one I can never find one. So I need more. I'm really excited about this one. Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Anti-aging Lip Conditioner. It's made with organic ingredients, no chemicals and has UV protection and anti-aging properties. Say what? Perfect lip balms for me. I prefer natural and organic as well as cruelty-free products, so this one fit the bill. 


The bag itself is really cute. Will probably end up with my daughter for her art supplies. But not after I pimp it up some more with my Silhouette. But this will be another post, at another time. 

Again, if you like what you are seeing go to Ipsy and sign up. Warning. They do have a wait list, but usually before the release of the new bag they offer a link to get off the wait list or when you sign up follow the steps How to get off the wait list. It worked for me. I was on the waitlist for maybe 10 minutes, while others are there for months. Just follow the steps (like posting about Ipsy on Facebook) and you're good to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment